You can follow the steps below to install the template on your Blogger site. Before installation, you must make sure that the template is coded correctly. Incorrect templates will give a warning on the installation screen and you can use the Blogger text editor to find or fix the error.
- If your custom template file is archived, unarchive it on your computer.
- Log in to your Blogger account and select the site you want to install the template from the top left. If you have a single site, it is already selected.
- Click on the “Theme” tab from the menu on the left and press the triangle just to the right of the “Customise” button on the page that opens.
- Click “Restore” from the menu options and select your
.xmlformatted template file that you have previously unarchived from your computer.
- Select “Upload” from the warning screen and wait.
- Check your existing template with the “View Blog” button at the bottom left.